About This Position
Manager, Financial Analysis
AGF Investments Inc.
Accounting / Auditing / Finance
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J0614-0697 - Salaried Full-Time Hours
The Manager, Financial Analysis will support AGF’s management reporting, pricing, business analysis and strategic planning functions. They will perform financial and quantitative analysis on key drivers of the business to provide meaningful insights and inform business decisions. The role also includes support for day-to-day operational finance including business cases and product development.
• Development and maintenance of Management Reports based on needs of internal clients.
• Line of business reporting including updating quarterly expense drivers, coordinating annual survey refresh and evaluating results to determine insights to be used in executive presentations.
• Responsible for quarterly variance analysis of the company’s financial results, comparing actual results to budget, forecast and prior year. Analysis includes an in depth understanding of the key revenue and expense drivers of the organization.
• Point person for AUM and flow management reporting. Field questions from lines of business managers, SVP Finance and CFO. Prepare Assets under Management and Flow reporting, which includes reporting by line of business, geography and investment management teams.
• Accountable for development and maintenance of management reporting software (Adaptive Insights).
Business Planning and Monitoring:
• Manage the preparation and roll-up of the company budget and rolling quarterly forecast process. Provide variance analysis to identify areas of concern and explain.
• Accountable for preparing key financial performance indicators utilized in quarterly board reporting. Includes analyzing current and past trends to explain changes in performance to SVP Finance and CFO.
• Meet with department heads regularly to review actual-to-budget performance, highlighting variances and providing insights on expenses.
• Prepare financial forecasts to evaluate the financial viability of proposed new product launches/product enhancement. Analysis will include understanding ongoing profitability as well as costs associated with implementing changes.
• Completion of CA or CMA designation.
• Experience within the financial services industry highly desirable.
• Experience with Adaptive Insights and Multiview Financial Software an asset.
• Advanced level of understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, an acute attention to detail and an eye towards continuous process improvement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills to effectively work and communicate with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to adapt, learn quickly and work independently on multiple competing priorities.
Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited is a premier Canadian-based investment management firm serving institutions and individuals around the globe.
As the core focus of the firm, AGF Investments offers industry-leading investment management services to Canadian and international investors through our advisor, institutional and private counsel businesses.
Our diversified family of mutual funds includes investment strategies that span the globe within balanced, fixed income, equity and specialty asset categories. AGF’s expert investment management teams manage a diverse range of investment strategies with proven investment philosophies and unique, research-driven investment processes.
AGF offers a broad spectrum of strategies tailored specifically to the needs of institutional investors including pension plans, corporate plans, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and sub-advisory clients. Institutional clients benefit from the depth and breadth of an experienced team of multi-disciplined investment managers. Through sales and service offices strategically situated in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia, AGF is able to provide investment and service excellence to a broad range of clients worldwide.
Please apply directly online. AGF thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.
Financial Services Industry Knowledge
View AGF Careers Terms and Conditions
Browser Compatibility Notice
: To ensure that your application is successfully uploaded, please use the following browsers: Internet Explorer 5.0 and up or Netscape 7.0 and up.
Email this career opportunity
to a friend