Employeur :Industrielle Alliance Assurance et Services Financiers inc.
Catégorie d'emploi :Assurance collective
Identification du poste :J0114-0062
Type de poste :Régulier, temps plein
Profil de l'organisation :
A step forward in your career!
A career with Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services means working in an enriching environment that encourages personal and professional development.
We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged.
Our tradition of excellence is built on a strong team spirit, a challenging environment, and continuous development.
Join Industrial Alliance!
Faites carrière à l'Industrielle Alliance
Under the supervision of the Financial Administration Manager, Special Markets Solutions, the incumbent is responsible for:
- the administration of various financial processes related to the Special Markets Solutions
business such as:
- processing policyholder and individual client non-complex premium payments;
- processing broker charge account payments;
- processing non-complex commission payments;
- issuing non-complex refund cheques
- d cheques
- reconciliation of non-complex General Ledger accounts (Assets & Liabilities) on a daily and
monthly basis including processing non-complex journal entries
- providing customer service to internal and external clients (written and by phone) including
handling non-complex financial related queries.
- providing assistance to other team members to meet team deadlines
Reporting directly to the Manager, Financial Administration, the Jr. Financial Administrator incumbent must also have a good knowledge of all responsibilities of the Financial Administration Support position and be responsible for the following primary job functions:
Premium Administration (80%)
The incumbent will be assigned the non-complex premium payments for processing, reallocations, banking and credit card information changes, etc.
- single payments requiring basic allocation across single groups/divisions and/or broker
- payments with Surtax payments;
- payments to individually billed clients.
- On a daily basis, and by the 2:00 p.m. daily deposit deadline,
- accurately enter and allocate batched cheque payments to the applicable group
policy/division/insured and benefit type combination and/or Broker Charge Account on
- reconcile payments processed to the Batch Control Total tapes and CLASS generated
- Verify the accuracy of all premium payments and statements received against group policy and
broker information (eg. rates, volumes, benefits, provincial tax requirements, broker
compensation, Broker Account statuses, reinsurance etc).
- On a weekly rotation basis with the Financial Administrator staff:
- review cheques/credit card payments received for the day and prepare payment batches
for processing by the Financial Administrators.
- batch similar payment type information,
- create Batch Control tapes of batched items,
- record batch totals and cheque counts on the Batch Control Log.
- finalize the daily Special Markets Solutions deposit by creating a single tape of all
cheques processed by the Financial Team and balancing them to the control reports.
- All payments along with the tape are to be dropped off in the Mailroom for deposit by
the 2:00 p.m. daily deposit deadline.
- On a monthly basis:
- Process non-complex individual client financial transactions on CLASS
- requests for change in payment method from monthly to annual and vice versa;
- calculate and request refund cheques payable to insureds, etc.
General Ledger Account Reconciliation (5%)
- Reconcile specific non-complex General Ledger accounts (e.g. Credit Card Clearing, PAD
Clearing, etc. ) to the trial balance to ensure accuracy of premium payments and other financial
transactions processed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
Customer Service (10%)
- provide prompt, courteous and accurate customer service through telehone and written
correspondece in response to financial related queries from internal and external clients, using
templates in place. eg: policyholders, insureds & Special Markets Solutions Regional Office
Miscellaneous tasks/projects (5%)
- Provide back up/assistance for the Financial Administration Support and Financial
Administrator position during absences and peak processing timeframes.
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned
Post secondary graduate (e.g. Business or Accounting) with a minimum of 1-2 years work experience in an accounting environment
In the absence of formal education, high school graduate with one or two years post secondary education supplemented with 2 to 3 years work experience in an insurance accounting environment.
Good understanding of Basic accounting principles
Strong computer skills (PC and mainframe) including Word and Excel
Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
Good Customer Service Skills
Attention to detail
Good Analytical Skills
Ability to work under pressure - within various financial related tight deadlines (daily and monthly) on an on-going basis
Good organizational skills
Ability to multi-task and manage high volume of diverse tasks
Must be a Team Player
Willingness to participate in industry related courses (LOMA ACS designation) within three years of employment.
Required to utilize all of the following systems on a regular basis:
MS Office - Word and Excel
Hyperion Planning Workspace
DG System (Document Generating System)
AMS (Application Management System)
Iron Mountain Connect
- Technicien comptable
- Comptes recevables
- Service à la clientèle
- Intégrité des données
- Comptabilité financière
Comment avez-vous entendu parler de ce poste?
Postuler en ligne,
c'est simple et facile.