CBN Secure Technologies Inc is seeking an experienced production equipment operator to operate laser engraving equipment and related systems, desktop card printers and associated quality control equipment in a high volume manufacturing environment.
* This position is for the night shift, 10:30 pm to 7 am, Sunday to Thursday;
* Operation of laser engraving, desktop card printer and associated QA stations;
* Operates and monitors computer and equipment to meet production schedules;
* Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions and corrects as directed by machine fault or computer operations. Refers complex problems to a technician;
* Operate equipment according to specifications to produce customized jobs according to predetermined quality standards;
* Examination of printed product for flaws;
* Data entry of all information as required;
* Maintains daily log of all work processed;
* Assures quality product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating finished product to quality standards;
* Operation of quality control equipment –E.g. barcode scanners;
* Update Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts;
* Verify inventory beginning lot counts with ending lot counts;
* Transfer completed production lots to the next processing step ensuring production reports are accurately completed;
* Input information for material tracking and accountability;
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations;
* Ensure all consumables are available during production run.
* High School or GED equivalent and 12 months of production experience in a high volume continuous operating manufacturing facility;
* Production background with experience operating a repetitive high volume machine;
* Prior printing background/examination/inspection is an asset;
* Requires good mathematical skills (sequential, add, subtract, multiply);
* Proficient user of business related computer applications (Microsoft word, excel);
* Ability to read, operate and maintain various equipment in quality control lab;
* Knowledge of entering data in Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts (an asset);
* Experience maintaining quality control charts and graphs (an asset);
* Ability to move throughout the facility to gather information, materials and authorizations;
* Must be able to work all shifts (Days, Afternoons);
* Must work overtime hours during the week and weekend;
* Must be legally eligible to work in the USA;
* Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up;
* Thorough knowledge of equipment problem solving.
Additional Skills and Attributes:
* Well developed problem solving skills;
* Well developed communication and interpersonal skills;
* Detail orientated;
* Work independently;
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
Physical Demands/Environmental Elements:
* Constant walking and standing (75%);
* Ability to lift 20 lbs to 40 lbs;
* Office/clean room environment. Temperature and humidity controlled environment.
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
CBN Secure Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. No phone calls or agencies, please.