Bluewater Health, with locations in Sarnia and Petrolia, is a 326-bed community hospital that cares for the residents of Sarnia-Lambton. With close to 2,500 staff, Professional Staff and volunteers, Bluewater Health provides an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services. State-of-the-art facilities, which opened in 2010, contribute to Bluewater Health’s Mission: We create exemplary healthcare experiences for patients and families every time. For more information about Bluewater Health, visit www.bluewaterhealth.ca.
The successful applicant will work in compliance with all relevant and applicable legislation and Hospital Policies and Procedures, will practice the Bluewater Health Standards of Performance Excellence and will fulfill their role within the Attendance Support Program parameters. The successful applicant will also possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and will have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma from a recognized college required
- Must meet current College of Pharmacy requirements regarding Pharmacy Technician regulations required
Skill, Ability and Experience:
-Beginner level proficiency using the MS Office Suite of products required
- Previous experience in retail or hospital pharmacy preferred
- Experience with Pharmacy software preferred
- Experience preparing extemporaneous mixtures, sterile products such as IV admixtures, TPNs and chemotherapy drugs preferred
- Assists Pharmacist in dispensing medications for all hospital patients across all Bluewater Health sites
- MediTech medication order entry of physician orders
- Fills unit dose cassettes and checks the cassettes filled by other technicians
- Manufactures and/or packages solutions, tablets or capsules required by nursing units
- Refills medications in Acudose cabinets
- Prepares extemporaneous mixtures, Checks the ward stock supply on selected nursing units and replenishes the stock
- Returns unused medication to stock
- Delivers cassettes and medication to Nursing Units
- Interviews patients for best possible medication histories (BPMH) for medication reconciliation
- Performs other related duties
Selection will be made on the basis of skill, ability, experience and qualifications as per Article 21.01 of the OPSEU Collective Agreement
We thank you in advance for your interest in Bluewater Health, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Bluewater Health policy, offers of employment to prospective employees are conditional upon the successful completion and disclosure of a Police Records/Vulnerable Sector Check.
Sorry, this job is no longer available.