Bluewater Health, with locations in Sarnia and Petrolia, is a 326-bed community hospital that cares for the residents of Sarnia-Lambton. With close to 2,500 staff, Professional Staff and volunteers, Bluewater Health provides an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services. State-of-the-art facilities, which opened in 2010, contribute to Bluewater Health’s Mission: We create exemplary healthcare experiences for patients and families every time. For more information about Bluewater Health, visit www.bluewaterhealth.ca.
The successful applicant will work in compliance with all relevant and applicable legislation and Hospital Policies and Procedures, will practice the Bluewater Health Standards of Performance Excellence and will fulfill their role within the Attendance Support Program parameters. The successful applicant will also possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and will have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant certificate required
- OSMT certification required
Skill, Ability and Experience:
- Beginner level proficiency using the MS Office Suite of products required
- Experience with Meditech preferred
- Previous experience as a Medical Laboratory Assistant preferred
- Perform Phlebotomies on In-Patients and Out-Patients following Quality Management System Processes and Procedures
- Responsible for accurate handling and separation of blood samples for various laboratories
- Performs Microbiology specimen set-up
- Performs Pathology duties within MLA scope of practice
- Other related duties as assigned
Selection will be made on the basis of skill, ability, experience and qualifications as per Article 21.01 of the OPSEU Collective Agreement
We thank you in advance for your interest in Bluewater Health, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Bluewater Health policy, offers of employment to prospective employees are conditional upon the successful completion and disclosure of a Police Records/Vulnerable Sector Check.
Sorry, this job is no longer available.