Job order - J0220-0272 - Permanent Full Time
||Nurse Educator - Cancer Care & Medicine Level 6
||Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
|| Nurse Educator - Cancer Care & Medicine Level 6
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
- Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
- Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
- Create an environment where the best experiences happen
- Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Nurse Educator provides leadership, education, and clinical expertise in the support, orientation and competency based skills development of hospital staff. The Nurse Educator works collaboratively with the interprofessional program team in implementing evidence-based practices to achieve program objectives, in particular, in the development of clinical pathways or protocols. The Nurse Educator models clinical excellence and all core competencies. They will work to advance professional nursing practice and the practice of other professions as appropriate through leadership, learning and development, integration of research, education and best practice, critical thinking inquiry and analysis.
As a member of the interprofessional health care team, the Nurse Educator plays an important role in Southlake’s purpose of “Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people” by living the Southlake values and upholding the hospital Code of Conduct.
Skills & Abilities
• Develops, implements and evaluates ongoing educational programs for staff and plans appropriate program delivery
• Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pathways and patient care guidelines as it relates to the episodes of care within the clinical area
• Assesses learning needs of staff and supports them to meet learning goals
• Develops, implements and evaluates evidence based practice activities and educational information for clinical staff
• Monitors nursing and health care trends/issues and collaborates to integrate relevant information into education activities and responsibilities
• Plans, implements and evaluates evidence based outcome oriented changes in clinical practices and care delivery processes. These changes will evolve from the continuous improvement and work redesign initiatives and the restructuring of practice and services
• Co-ordinates, implements and evaluates content and process of patient teaching programs as they relate to the clinical area
• Participates with other educators and professional practice facilitators in development and delivery of corporate clinical educational programs
• Monitors and ensures the quality of health care practices related to pain and reports unsafe practices and risk management issues through appropriate channels
• Supports Program Educators to develop and implement pain education for their programs
• Develops ongoing evaluation mechanism for pain management program throughout the hospital
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
• Minimum three - five years recent and relevant clinical nursing experience required
• Current deSouza (chemotherapy) certification required
• CC1/CC2 required
• Applied practical experience of chemotherapy administration for a minimum of 3-5 years (consecutive) following certification
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of pain management principles
• Certificate in Adult Education principles or one to two years adult delivering adult training required
• Best Practice Spotlight Organization Champion designation or willingness to pursue within one month of hire date required
• Canadian Nurses Association certification (CNA) in related field or willingness to pursue within one year of hire date required
• ACLS and BCLS required
• Current/previous experience as a Clinical Nurse Educator in a health care organization preferred
• Masters in a healthcare related field preferred
• Completion of Patient Centered Care course or equivalent preferred
• ACLS Instructor preferred
• Current RNAO membership preferred
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Click here to apply