Thank you for your interest in the Prime Minister's Youth Council. Within each category below, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the online application system.
- Do I need to create a profile to apply for an opportunity?
- How do I apply for an opportunity with the Prime Minister's Youth Council?
- Do I have to fill out a new profile each time I apply for an opportunity?
- What will happen after I submit my application for a specific opportunity?
To apply for an opportunity, you must create your applicant profile first. Access the My Profile page to create your profile. When you create your profile, you will be required to create a password. Use this password to access your profile and to apply.
Browse Opportunities and click Apply. Complete the screening questions. You will be contacted for an interview if your skills and experience match the opportunity’s criteria.
Please keep in mind that only applications received through our online application system will be considered and note that due to high volumes, only applicants selected for interviews are contacted.
Your profile is automatically linked every time you apply for an opportunity, so you only have to fill it out once. However, you may update your profile at any time.
Please allow some time for recruiters to review your application. Our team of recruiters will assess the applications received and will contact those applicants who are chosen for an interview. If you are not contacted for a specific opportunity for which you applied, all applications submitted through our online application tool are kept for future consideration.
- Do I need to apply for an opportunity to create a profile?
- I can’t log onto my profile. I receive an invalid password or authorized users only message. What do I do?
- Click on the Forgot your password? link in the Returning User section. Enter your email address in the field provided, and click Send. An email containing the reset password link will be sent automatically to the email address provided.
- If you are still experiencing problems with the new password, type in the password rather than cutting and pasting it from the email that was sent to you. Sometimes an extra space can be copied by mistake, which will render your password invalid.
- Enable your cookies
- Delete your cookies
- Update your browser to the latest version
No, you do not need to apply for a specific opportunity before creating a profile. Access the My Profile page, and follow the steps for creating or updating your profile. Your information will be saved in the system, and, as recruiters perform searches on the database, they will immediately have access to your profile.
We apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. Please read the FAQs above. If you still need assistance, please contact the help desk directly by email, and include the following details of the problem:
- Exact brand and version number of the browser.
- Version of the operating system you are using.
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 1-877-427-7717
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST (except statutory holidays)