The Creative Options program offers day programming and job preparation to adults (19 years and older), with a wide range of developmental disabilities including challenging behaviour. The program currently serves a maximum of 25 individuals per day with many long term individuals. Creative Options provide the people we serve with individualized support programs to maximize progress and independence, support unique strengths and qualities, and encourage integration into the community. Individuals work with a chosen WJS staff who would then coordinate their activities. Our employment development program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who have expressed a desire for employment and require the skills, training and practical experience. We focus on pre-employment skills and move between goal setting, barriers to employment, career explorations, time limited work experience and training phases to the best of their abilities. We seek employment opportunities for job ready participants in the Langley/Aldergrove area.
Under the supervision of the program manager and/or other senior staff, the Residence Worker is responsible for providing general, non-specific client services. The position ensures physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met. Assists clients to enhance quality of life and the development of life skills. Provides behavioral support and supervision in the program and community, implements and monitors individual program plans through observation and accurate reporting and participates in operating and maintaining the program. This position requires union membership with CUPE.
This permanent part-time position will work 20 hours per week with a weekly schedule of:
• Monday through Friday 1000-1400
In Your Role You Will
• Participates in assessing, setting goals, and planning (individual program plans, personal service plans) for individuals in program; documents, implements and contributes to program evaluation.
• Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care skills and personal finance; implements personal service plans.
• Participates in various client-focused activities in accordance with care plans.
• Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as client’s aggressive behaviour to ensure no harm comes to the client and/or the public; reports problems to supervisor.
• Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy and procedures.
• Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties; provides input to counselor or professional regarding the development of appropriate program plans to achieve residents’ objectives; contributes to the evaluation of residents’ progress and prepare reports.
• Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families.
• Transports and assists residents to appointments, shopping or leisure activities; operates motor vehicles safely and legally while transporting clients or on WJS business.
• Performs residential maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
• Maintains reports such as statistics, logbooks and daily activities relating to clients.
• Identifies social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet clients’ needs; maintain liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials, and the community.
• Utilizes practices that promote health, welfare, safety and security of persons served.
• Participates in the OHS Committee as required.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• A certificate, diploma or degree in one of the humanities, social work or related field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of one year recent related experience in complex health, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
• Valid CPR/First Aid
• Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
• Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate and Conflict Resolution Certificate
• Physician’s note confirming suitability, including immunization records and a negative tuberculosis screening test
• Positive behavior supports experience
• WHMIS, and Food Hygiene and Sanitation certificates an asset
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
While WJS serves individuals in many communities across Canada, this opportunity is in the Langley area of BC. Situated on the southern coast of British Columbia, Langley and its surrounding areas, offer outstanding scenery, amazing diversity and extensive culture; all within a mild climate. It is an area rich with eco-adventures and personality. Langley offers amenities such as international cuisine, boutique shopping, community festivals, a variety of eco-tourism, along with the natural beauty of the area, suitable for individuals of every age. For more information on living and working in Langley, visit: https://www.city.langley.bc.ca/
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.