The Certifier provides certification services for external and internal clients for a specific group of products; technical guidance; analysis; product testing; equipment compliance; technical reviews & independent checks; and training.
• Responsible for the certification of cord connected or battery powered tools and equipment to various national and international standards.
• Determines which tests are required; the order in which to perform tests and the number of samples required.
• Performs tests and calculations, compiles data and summarizes test results into test reports and checklists.
• Verifies calculations are consistent with results of measurements. Determines whether product passes or fails.
• Interacts with client to plan activities, exchange information, review and approve lab reports and certification records.
• May make field trips and assist in work outside the laboratories as required.
Engineering Degree or equivalent technical/technology background, experience, and certification or College Diploma in a relevant technological field with similar industry experience.
• Three or more years related technical experience in electronic circuitry and preferably battery charging systems.
• Experience with the certification processes as it relates to IEC/CSA/UL 62841 and 60745 series standards. Knowledge of UL2595 is an asset.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are necessary.
• Must be flexible and perform well in a team environment.
• Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Willingness/ability to travel (North America, Asia, Europe).
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.